Wednesday 13 June 2012

With Great(?) Team to Manage Comes Great Responsibility...

So Marc Bergevin has been appointed the Canadiens new General Manager.

Well slap my ass and call me Susan.

This happened over a month ago, and let me tell you, I was very pleased with the selection. Probably because Pierre McGuire was reportedly the next closest candidate. If the habs had hired that bald, monster-obsessed, walking-hockey-database moron to run the greatest franchise in hockey, I would have traded my Canadiens jersey for an LA Sparks sleeveless. (Yes, that's a WNBA team, and yes, I would have doubled their fanbase.) But, I digress.... Bergevin has received glowing reviews from past-teamates, coaches, and other hockey figures. As well, he's fresh off being the assistant GM for a team that won the cup just 3 years ago, is charismatic, and by all accounts appears to have a strong hockey brain.

SO WHY THE HELL DID HE HIRE MICHEL "WELCOME BACK!" THERRIEN TO COACH?


It didn't work out last time, why would it now?

Sigh.... I hope this season doesn't cause me to consistently turn the TV off after 2 periods again.

From Alberta with pessimism...

No comments:

Post a Comment